COVID-19 Virus Healthcare Advisory Protocol for The Jewish Healthcare Center & Eisenberg Assisted Living
Across the Jewish Healthcare Center campus we are following local, state and federal guidelines as they relate to COVID-19. We are also providing the City of Worcester and Massachusetts Department of Public Health regular updates on the status of our residents and staff. We have implemented the following orders to be compliant with CDC and Department of Public Health directives:
- Starting at the earliest January 18, 2021, JHC will be open for visitations (in designated/supervised areas) Mondays through Saturdays, in accordance with DPH guidelines (times vary per day). To sign up online please visit:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040549A8A828A0FA7-jhcfamily
- Please refrain from calling the facility to schedule your visits and when at all possible utilize the link above.
- also speak to another member of our Activities Dept.
- To schedule a visit at Eisenberg Assisted Living, please contact the Activities Department at 508-757-0981 x6106 or email email@example.com
- We will be doing covid-surveillance testing for all employees, ongoing per state guidelines.
- Outside entertainers and non-essential vendors will not be allowed into our community at this time, except at Eisenberg Assisted Living on a limited basis.
- All staff, private caregivers/pharmacy and other healthcare deliveries/home care providers will be allowed after a screening process. These are considered essential healthcare personnel.
- All non-essential outpatient appointments will be postponed at this time due to hospital restrictions.
- Any residents that need to leave the building for an appointment will be transported to the main lobby to meet the transport company. If an ambulance is required, transport drivers will be screened before being allowed on the resident units.
- JHC and Eisenberg are allowing families to drop off items to be delivered to resident’s rooms.
Staying in Touch with Your Family Member
If you would like to use video conferencing via Skype, Facetime etc., please contact:
At JHC: The Recreational Therapy Dept. or Brenda Woodside, Director of Recreational Therapy, 508-798-8653 x2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org
At Eisenberg Assisted Living: The Activities Department at 508-757-0981 or email@example.com
Staff Training: Our staff has been trained and educated on up-to-date guidelines on spread prevention of COVID-19 and general infection control practices. This education and training is updated on a regular basis.
Staff Personal Protective Equipment: All staff are wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for the services they are providing at all times within the JHC or Eisenberg facilities.
Staff Travel: The CDC has issued a statement to avoid all nonessential international travel, and discourage out of state travel other than emergency situations, otherwise it could potentially result in a mandated 14 day quarantine.
Kate Columbus, RN Director of Nursing