COVID-19 Virus Healthcare Advisory Protocol for The Jewish Healthcare Center & Eisenberg Assisted Living
As you most likely have heard, Governor Charlie Baker has declared a State of Emergency in response to the Covid-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
Although there are no cases of the Covid-19 virus here at Jewish Healthcare, we have implemented the following orders to be compliant with CDC and Department of Public Health directives:
- All social visitations are suspended at this time. Special circumstances i.e., End of Life and emergency situations should be directed to Administrator or Director of Nurses.
- Outside entertainers and Non-essential Vendors will not be allowed into our community at this time.
- All Staff, Private caregivers/pharmacy and other healthcare deliveries/home care providers will be allowed after a screening process. These are considered essential healthcare personnel.
- All non-essential outpatient appointments will be postponed at this time due to hospital restrictions.
- Any residents that require to exit building for an appointment will be transported to the main lobby (if needed) to meet transport company, or if an ambulance is required, transport drivers will be screened before being allowed on the resident units.
- At JHC, group activities and communal dining has been restricted to allow for social distancing.
- At Eisemberg (Traditional), all meals will be served in resident’s apartments. For Eisenberg Keepsake Residents, we are continuing communal dining, with social distancing.
- JHC and Eisenberg are allowing families to drop off items to be delivered to resident’s rooms at the entrance.
- Eisenberg, family members who need to pick up mail can do so upon entry with the receptionist.
- At Eisenberg, for family members who fill medication cassettes, we have set up a station to accommodate this process at the entrance.
Staying in Touch with Your Family Member
If you would like to have video conferencing via Skype, Facetime etc., please contact Brenda Woodside, Director of Recreational Therapy at JHC at 508-798-8653, or The Activities Department at Eisenberg Assisted Living at 508-757-0981, and they will make arrangements.
Staff Training: Our staff has been trained and educated on up-to-date guidelines on prevention of Covid-19 and general infection control practices. This education will be on-going throughout the pandemic.
JHC Staff Travel Policy During Corona Virus: In an attempt to slow the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), we are implementing the following procedure concerning travel: Effective immediately, if you elect to travel internationally despite CDC and JHC recommendations, you will need to self-quarantine for fourteen days upon your return. During this time, you will need to use earned time or if unavailable, it will be unpaid. If you elect to travel within the United States, you will be able to return to work as normally scheduled unless experiencing symptoms. If that is the case, you should follow our applicable policies and procedures.
We want to thank you for your anticipated cooperation in this matter and hope you understand that vigilance, although inconvenient, is the appropriate course of action.
Kate Columbus, RN Director of Nursing