Caring for an aging loved one is a complex journey of intimacy and letting go. Along the way, you discover wonderful opportunities for renewed relationships and personal growth, as well as inevitable periods of great stress and loss.
When your loved one suffers from a chronic, debilitating illness—such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s or other forms of dementia—or faces the sudden crisis of a stroke or fall, you often find yourself on a strenuous trek that can drain your wallet, your physical and emotional health, and your spirit.
An independent service based at Jewish Healthcare Center, JHC LifeCare draws on the 35+ years of professional experience in Aging Life Care™ Management of our director Deborah Fins (previously of Deborah Fins Associates). We offer a full range of services including, but not limited to:
- Comprehensive functional assessment of your loved one’s needs
- Elder care plan development, coordination and supervision of your caregiver support team
- Guidance for selecting appropriate care, ranging from in-home support to the right assisted living facility or nursing home
- Help identifying resources for financial support, preparing MassHealth and other benefits applications, and completing insurance claims for long term care
- Referrals to other appropriate professionals including attorneys, accountants, financial advisors, and other aging life care managers
- Assistance in negotiating complex family dynamics that often arise with caring for an aging parent or other disabled loved one
- Guidance and support for planning and decisions about end-of-life care
Your elder is at the center of all our discussions and planning, and their wishes and goals are primary. We are committed to providing personalized and compassionate services while being mindful of the financial costs of care. We respect that each family approaches care decisions within the framework of your own history and culture.
We are also available for professional training and consultations on a wide range of issues in Aging Life Care Management.