Aging is a complex journey which can be full of discovery and joy but also of great challenges. Along the way, you discover wonderful opportunities for renewed relationships and personal growth, as well as inevitable periods of great stress and loss.
We encourage individuals to plan for aging well but oftentimes, families find themselves in the role of caregiver.
When your loved one suffers from a chronic, debilitating illness—such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s or other forms of dementia—or faces the sudden crisis of a stroke or fall, you often find yourself on a strenuous trek that can drain your wallet, your physical and emotional health, and your spirit.
Although affiliated with the Jewish Healthcare Center, we refer to and/or take referrals from organizations outside of the Jewish Healthcare Center. We offer a full range of services including, but not limited to:
- Comprehensive functional assessment of your loved one’s needs
- Ongoing visits and management, care plan development, coordination and supervision of your caregiver support team
- Guidance for selecting appropriate care, ranging from in-home support to the right assisted living facility or nursing home
- Help identifying resources for financial support, preparing MassHealth and other benefits applications, and completing insurance claims for long term care
- Referrals to other appropriate professionals including attorneys, accountants, financial advisors, and other aging life care managers
- Assistance in negotiating complex family dynamics that often arise with caring for an aging parent or other loved on with disabilities.
- Guidance and support for planning and decisions about end-of-life care
- Advanced planning for aging well
You and the person in need of services are at the center of all our discussions and planning, and their wishes and goals are primary. We are committed to providing personalized and compassionate services while being mindful of the financial costs of care. We respect that each family approaches care decisions within the framework of your own history and culture.
We are also available for professional training and consultations on a wide range of issues in Aging Life Care™ Management.
Aging Life Care™ is a trademark of the Aging Life Care Association®. Only ALCA Members are authorized to use this term to identify their services. Aging Life Care Professional®, Aging Life Care Manager®, and Aging Life Care Specialist® are trademarks of the Aging Life Care Association®. It is an indication of membership in ALCA, and only ALCA Members are authorized to use this term.