Full time position, 9am-5:30, schedule requires every other weekend
Perform a variety of duties related to the preparation and service of meals for residents, staff, and visitors according to daily menu.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Consult with chef manager regarding prep list. Assure cleaning and sanitizing pails are in place and are being used. Assure that proper cutting boards are stored clean and sanitized after use. Assure that cut gloves are used when using knives and that knives are cleaned, sanitized and stored properly after each use.
- Prepare assigned meals using standardized recipes and following the prep list.
- Portion and organize Meals on Wheels utilizing daily census sheet.
- Organize speed racks with foods stored properly (examples raw poultry, raw meats, raw fish and cooked foods.
- Monitor all containerized foods in the walk-in refrigerator for accurate date rotation.
- Keep work stations clean and safe for sanitary handling of food and equipment
Prior experience in food service is preferred. Must be able to communicate in English verbally and in writing. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.