30 Hours Weekly
The Jewish HealthCare Center is one of New England’s most respected HealthCare facilities, providing innovative long-term care, short-term rehabilitation, hospice services, and Alzheimer’s care to the community since 1916.
We are currently seeking a Rabbi for 30 Hours weekly.
- Ensuring that spiritual care services meet the needs of the patients/residents and their families
- Providing chaplaincy/spiritual counseling to Jewish and non-Jewish patients/residents and families in long-term care, short-term rehab unit, hospice, and assisted living
- Leading Shabbat and High Holiday services and other Jewish holiday observances and gatherings
- Tailoring Jewish worship services for a mix of Jewish backgrounds and levels of participation
- Leading educational groups (Torah Study and other Jewish topics)
- Acting as an advisor to managers campus-wide
- Attending staff/interdisciplinary clinical meetings campus-wide
- Participating in semi-annual Campus-Wide Memorial Service
- Ordination from an accredited Rabbinical School
- Prior experience in assisted living, memory care, or long-term care experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to lead engaging group activities that make differences in the lives of our residents. You must be a collaborative individual who works well with others.